Monday, September 3, 2012

CONGRESSMAN BOB TURNER ENDORSES RUSSELL GALLO FOR STATE ASSEMBLY!


BROOKLYN, NY – Congressman Bob Turner (R-Brooklyn) proudly announced today that he is endorsing Russell Gallo, the Republican and Conservative candidate for State Assembly in the 45th District in Brooklyn.  

In both 2010 against then-Congressman Anthony Weiner and in 2011 against Assemblyman David Weprin, Congressman Bob Turner won in those sections of the  45th Assembly District that overlapped with his Congressional district.  

In 2011, Russell Gallo was the Brooklyn volunteer coordinator for Congressman Turner’s successful Special Election campaign that saw Turner become the first Republican to hold the seat in over 80 years.  

“Russell Gallo has the makings of a great public servant,” said Congressman Turner.  “Russell has the knowledge and the will to represent southern Brooklyn effectively.  He is best equipped to take on Albany’s out-of-control government and to lead our State back to the path of prosperity.”

“Russell possesses the finest qualities of leadership, self-sacrifice and integrity – traits forged in his years of service to our nation at home and abroad as a First Sergeant in the U.S. Army,” said Congressman Turner.  “I witnessed Russell’s work ethic and character first-hand when he helped me win my election. I endorse his campaign without hesitation and pledge to help him any way I can so he can win his election.”  

“I proudly accept Congressman Turner’s endorsement,” said Russell Gallo.  “Bob Turner is a true gentleman.  I am lucky to be able to call Bob a good friend and I am humbled to have earned his respect.  To have been a part of Bob’s victory that shocked the nation is something I will always remember.”

“I promise to follow Congressman Turner’s example when serving in Albany,” said Gallo.  “I will fight for fiscal sanity and to lower the tax burden on our small businesses and our families. And, like Congressman Turner, I will never forget that my vote in Albany belongs to the people I will serve.”

No comments:

Post a Comment