Monday, November 18, 2013

Early Buffoon Entry: MAAAAAATTT.... DAAAAAAAMMMOOOOON

Look at the emotional range of this fine thespian!
Can you get more hypocritical than this?  It takes a lot of guts - and a teeny tiny little brain - to be like Matt Damon.


Jason Bourne may have the excuse that the government brainwashed him for being how he is, but how can Matt Damon explain away the hypocrisy of his full-throated advocacy for public school while sending his kids to a posh private school in Los Angeles?

According to CNN's Jake Tapper, not so well...

 "The private school that I send my kids to is the thing closest to the public school that I went to that I could find. And that’s why I send my kids to private school," said the man who once played a privileged anti-Semitic private school brat in School Ties.   

"I wish I didn't have to, it’s expensive, and I also want my kids to be part of their local community, and not have to commute to somewhere else to go to school," said the Not-So-Talented Mister Ripley.

Really?  That's the reason?  So good private schools are OK for your kids, but not for the rest of us shlubs?  That's exactly the point that Jeb Bush brought up on Twitter. 

Needless to say, Will Hunting blew a gasket:  "Although I'd eat my shoe if he could name a Bush that ever even walked into a public school, but that’s another story," said the guy you can blame for Elysium.

Well, get ready to chow down Private Ryan - not only with both of President George W. Bush's twin girls attend public school (including Austin HS in Texas), First Lady Laura Bush was an elementary school librarian!

So here's the lesson to be learned, Rudy Baylor:  Stick to acting.  At least then, people with half of a brain tell you what to say.  When left on your own... yikes.

Buffoon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment