Friday, February 21, 2014

Wilhelm De Blasio's Right - We ARE Living "A Tale of Two Cities"



Mayor Warren Wilhelm Bill de Blasio ran on a basic narrative:  "we" are a city divided into haves and have-nots.

After his first 7 weeks in office.  I agree.  Yes, we are a city of haves and have-nots.  Not in the Dickensian sense like Harry Belafonte would have you believe.  More like in the Boss Tweed-Under The Table-Wink and Nod kind of way.


Apparently, the "haves" like Wilhelm de Blasio and his insider buddies operate above the law. Get arrested, pal?  No problem, just don't appear in Court.  Get busted again?  No biggie, I'll just make a call, even if a judge ordered you to be brought before the Court, I got this.  

And traffic laws?  What traffic laws?  I'm the Mayor!  I need to be places. Fast.  And on time.  And you know how hard it is for me to be on time on my own.  But the rest of you need to slow down.  After all - safety first!  


Heavens forbid, the "have nots" - you know, everyone else without the stroke - question Mayor Warren Bill.  Especially when he is on his way to the gym. Priorities, people!  The Mayor's gotta stay in shape so his kids don't have to shovel out when schools are open on "beautiful days" like we've had lately.  But you can ask about it at the press conference - where I'll continue to avoid any of your questions.

Oh, and if you want to talk on the weekend, I'll be in... Pennsylvania?
On the plus side, Mr. Mayor, you ARE uniting the City.  Against your buffoonery.  Only 201 more weeks to go...

1 comment:

  1. My how far we have come!


    Article I, Section 9, Clause 8:

    No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: and no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.


    Gettysburg Address:

    "government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

    ReplyDelete