Monday, January 24, 2011

Glad to meet you!


About 8 months ago, I filled out an online questionaire with the intention of volunteering for the Kings County Republican Party. I had just retired from the NYPD and as a lifelong Republican, I thought that I could use some of my newfound free time to do something instead of just complaining about the heavily publicized waste, corruption and mismanagement in Albany. I was ready to stuff envelopes, pound the pavement, work the phones or anything else that would help get out the Republican message of fiscal conservatism.

Very soon after, David Storobin called me and we began the first of many conversations that culminated a few short months later with my being nominated as the Republican Candidate for Assembly in the 48th District!!! Believe it or not, that is it in a nutshell!! Things happened that quickly!!

In the ensuing whirlwind, I had the great fortune to become associated with some wonderful people. Chairman Craig Eaton was instrumental in getting my campaign pointed in the right direction. Gene Berardelli and Russell Gallo were kind enough to invite me on the Radio Show where I have very happily become a regular participant and guest co-host. I don't know how many people listen but, let me tell you, recording it has been about the most fun I've ever had. Thank you Gene and Russell!!

A few days ago, Gene once again honored me by inviting me to be a guest contributor to the official GOP Radio Blog!! I readily and happily accepted. Gene, for this and everything else you've done for me, I want to thank you for this from the bottom of my heart!

So this is my first contribution. An introduction, an ice breaker and a heartfelt thank you to all of my new friends for so graciously accepting me into the fold and for trusting me enough to allow me to occasionally put my two cents in here and on the air.

Be sure to listen in Wednesday when I will undoubtedly be tortured for this sentimental offering!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing your contributions, Brian. You are a true leader, and an example of the many people who have stepped up to the plate for the Kings County Republican Party in the past year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your keyboard drenched from all the tears that flowed from you writing this, or did you wipe it down with your skirt? :-)

    Wait, am I really mocking someone who is most likely packing?

    Seriously, one of the highlights of 2011 for me was going to the Bean Post Pub with Gallo and getting to know over a few drinks. You're a big reason why the Party is moving in the right direction, and you're a great friend.

    Thank you for all your contributions to the show, and for not pistol whipping me after you read this!

    ReplyDelete