Friday, March 16, 2012

Turner's Victory at NY GOP Convention is BIG For Brooklyn!

Congressman Bob Turner's 72-hour run resulted in qualifying for the ballot for US Senate.  And it all started with Brooklyn GOP Chairman Craig Eaton - again. 
This has got to be some kind of record!  

Congressman Bob Turner, who announced his candidacy for US Senate on Tuesday after Brooklyn GOP Chairman Craig Eaton suggested that the NY GOP get him into the race to unseat Kirsten Gilligan... I mean, Gillibrand, earned ballot access on the very first round of voting, garnering over 25% of the weighted county vote.


Turner joins judicial activist Wendy Long (the top vote-getter on the strength of upstate counties - and some vote whipping by Carl Paladino) and Nassau County Comptroller George Maragos as the three GOP hopefuls in the June 26 Primary.  

Now, yeah, I know I'm biased - but this is a tremendous victory not only for Turner, but for our Brooklyn GOP Chairman Craig Eaton.  He put himself out there, he said how he felt about the field, he saw an opportunity and he successfully led the surge that got Congressman Turner on the ballot.  This is a familiar story, as it was Chairman Eaton who pushed for then-citizen Turner into contention for another designation - candidate for the 9th Congressional district that he now serves.

But here's the real impact for Brooklyn - think about the boost that having our local Congressman on the top of the state-wide ticket would be to Senator Marty Golden, Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis, Congressman Michael Grimm and all of our other down-ballot candidates in Brooklyn.  

Think about where the Brooklyn GOP was when new leadership led by Chairman Eaton was in the fall of 2007 - one elected official, a negative account balance, few motivated volunteers, no base of operation and no real credibility or influence.  

Well look at us now, four elected officials (with a fifth on the way in David Storobin on Tuesday in the SD27 special election), a positive account balance (with more money on the way!), the "Victory Center" in Bensonhurst, an awesome vibrant Young Republican organization that is known and liked statewide, innovations like Brooklyn GOP Radio  - and respect and credibility among our peers.

So add the Brooklyn GOP and Chairman Eaton among the winners today in Rochester.  And get ready for Turner For NY 2012!

2 comments:

  1. Captain America

    Lets go Bob Turner.

    Will Turner WIN?

    Of course.

    Like I wrote on Atlas. These last few weeks I have been getting emotional with all the junk I see going around in the newspapers and the media in general about this great country

    I know you all try hard for I do see into many of you what you are really about.

    Please rest assure I am not some old man with a cane who lives in a fantasy world of TV characters or who thinks he is God.

    I can be serious if need be, I joke and write of humor, God, etc for I have a lot of pain what I have saw and felt in my life

    I am not God or insane.

    I can read the future believe it or not it is your FREE WILL.

    I am a man with a lot of compassion who loves this country with all of his heart and hates what he sees those that are evil doing.

    Again Lets Go Turner or I should say Senator for if you guys say he is ok, especially Craig than he is ok in my thoughts

    Obama family fun show is cancelled today

    Out for a smoke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turner is Ed Koch's used condom left up Ed Cox's rectal cavity. In 2010 he fell on his face, despite a bravado of outlandish promises, because he was on a vanity trail and not a serious candidate.

    ReplyDelete