Monday, September 9, 2013

People's Republic of Brownstone: Thought Police Actively At Work for Joe Lhota

Hey Brownstoners, burn your computer after reading so you don't get caught!

Over the past 4 years, I used to always look forward to going to the Brownstone Republican Club.  They had good guests (of which Russell and I have been in past) as well as lively debates.

I say "used to" because that Brownstone Republican Club is dead.

In recent weeks, the leadership of the Brownstone Republican Club have taken to oppressive tactics on behalf of their endorsed candidate for Mayor, Joe Lhota.  In my own personal experience, I have had Facebook comments notifying members of events for John Catsimatidis deleted on their Facebook site.

Sometime in downtown Brooklyn...
Then today, an email in response to my email asking for people to vote for John Catsimatidis that I sent to a list of members made public by the Brownstone Republican Club themselves is being derided as "spam"  and "unauthorized" in an attempt to keep their flock of sheep in their pen.

Since when do you have to be "authorized" to send an email to someone?!?  Especially when the club itself shares its own list when it sends out an email?!?

Well, to hell with that nonsense. It's time to start calling these bastards out.

All over Brooklyn, Republicans are being coerced, bullied, even their livelihoods threatened unless they vote for Joe Lhota by those who care only about the growth of their own fiefdom.  Count the Brownstone Republican Club among them now.  The club known as an "independent" voice has been silenced.

I've said this when we talked about Occupy Wall Street - I never thought that I would be saying it about my own party - THINK FOR YOURSELF.

1 comment:

  1. "All over Brooklyn, Republicans are being coerced, bullied, even their livelihoods threatened unless they vote for Joe Lhota by those who care only about the growth of their own fiefdom. "

    I'm not involved with the Brownstoners, but that's quite a charge. Your claim of censorship strikes me as very one sided, wouldn't you have done the same if someone peddled Lhota on a pro-Catsimidis facebook page?

    ReplyDelete